North East Sheets and Panels Limited (NESP) is committed to protecting your data online. Our policy explains how we will do this. We will review this policy in the light of comments we receive so please check the latest version. If you have any questions please contact us We will ensure that our staff and those acting on our behalf obtain, use and disclose personal information lawfully and correctly. To this end we fully endorse and adhere to the principles of data protection, as set out in the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"). We shall apply the Act globally.
In particular we will:
• Observe the conditions in the Act regarding the collection and use of personal information
• Meet our legal obligations to specify the purposes for which we process personal information, this information being set out in our data protection notification particulars which can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at www.dpr.gov.uk
What information do we collect?
• We collect email addresses.
• Registration: To enter the trade pages, purchase online, or to receive our newsletter, we ask you to register, and if you do we ask for your name, email address, geographical address and other personal and company information.
• From time to time we may ask you for further information, for example if you enter a competition.
How do we use your information?
We use the information to help us understand more about how our web site is used, to improve our site, and to send you information about our products and services that we think may be of interest to you, both electronically and otherwise.
In the case of our online publications available through subscription, your personal information may be used to enable us to verify you are a subscriber and to deliver the online publication to you.
When do we share information?
A number of other people's web sites may have links on our site. If you link to their sites, they may collect information, and such sites are not within our control and are not covered by this privacy statement.
If we believe that your use of the NESP web site is unlawful or damaging to others, we reserve the right to disclose the information we have obtained through the site about you, to the extent that it is reasonably necessary in our opinion to prevent, remedy or take action in relation to such conduct.
What about security?
All personal and credit card information is encoded using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology before being sent over the Internet. To protect your data further, your credit card information is not stored. Whilst buying our products online, card details will be encrypted when sent to the payment facility for validation. Card transactions are issued with a digital certificate, ensuring that your data can only be read by our transaction system as long as your browser shows its secure mode symbol (such as a key or closed lock).
This Policy is effective from 25th March 2013.